I help people communicate. Using photography and video as the medium I help organizations, individuals and movements tell their story. I tend to do most of the work on my own. My working style is very specific. I don’t work for brands or organizations that do things that I don’t believe in.
What I like to work on:
- Helping to direct or produce documentary films about humanitarian, social justice, environmental issues as well as veteran’s rights.
- Social Media Content Generation, Strategy and Management for Facebook and Instagram
- Thinking of new ways to approach social media and marketing through creative video content to create social change
- Project Management, Direction and Production of larger projects and films
- Editing of footage that others have captured and turning it into movie trailers, commercials, social media shorts, crowdfunding videos and outdoor adventure pieces.
- Teaching others how to use Adobe Premiere Pro
- Scriptwriting and narration.
- Profile Pieces that highlight individuals and their work, causes, art or passions in life.
Highlights from 2016-2018
- I was grateful to help direct/film/edit a series of videos for the campaign to re-elect James Stanford for Orange County Clerk of Court. Here is one of them:
- Released Episode #2 of the Vital Signs project.
- Directed, filmed, edited an explainer/promo video for local Metalsmithing/Cloisonne legend, James Carter Studio.
- Asst. Produced “Radioactive Veteran“, an award winning film that was picked up by PBS affiliated UNC-TV after a run on Amazon. Aired in the Fall of 2017.
- Directed and filmed a fundraiser doc style promo for the Carolina Climber’s Coalition to preserve 55 acres of forest “Save Buckeye Knob“
- Directed and filmed “Bolin Creek Unpaved“, an environmental documentary that affected local politics and won an “Excellence in Film Making” award at the Carrboro Film Festival (Nov. 2017)
- Created, scripted, voiceover the “Your Bottle Means Jobs” videos: “PET” and “HDPE” teaser short (longer version releases 10/10/17)
- Originated a series of interviews called “Atomic Veterans Speak“
- Originated the “Vital Signs” podcast and video series about climate change. This is episode #1
- Created 2 films (Orion V) and (Bugaboos Redemption) that have been submitted to film festivals for a hopeful premiere.
- Created a short documentary, “At Both Ends of the Leash” about a program where inmates at a medium security prison find meaning through a program where they train puppies to become service dogs.