At The Video Slab I tell stories via video, photos and film. I have many areas of interest and love to focus on environmental and social justice causes. I support businesses that have products I believe in and assist others with social media management. I empower aspiring video editors through education, helping aspiring video editors and documentary film makers learn how to get started. I also help craft Life Legacy Videos…helping people record and preserve stories and memories of loved ones as they approach the end of life.
The Video Slab is a place where creative content meets professionalism. It’s a friendly and versatile little company based in Carrboro, NC run by me, Charlie Morris. I am a busy creator but always make time for projects that matter to me. To literally hear more about what I am like check out my PODCAST. Some highlights from 2017 so far are…
- Asst. Produced “Radioactive Veteran“, an award winning film that was picked up by PBS affiliated UNC-TV after a run on Amazon. Airing Fall 2017.
- Directed and filmed a fundraiser doc style promo for the Carolina Climber’s Coalition to preserve 55 acres of forest “Save Buckeye Knob“
- Directed and filmed “Bolin Creek Unpaved“, an environmental documentary that affected local politics and won an “Excellence in Film Making” award at the Carrboro Film Festival (Nov. 2017)
- Created, scripted, voiceover the “Your Bottle Means Jobs” videos: “PET” and “HDPE” teaser short (longer version releases 10/10/17)
- Originated the concept for “PTSD: Mission Recovery“
- Originated a series of interviews called “Atomic Veterans Speak“
- Originated the “Vital Signs” about climate change
- Created 2 films (Orion V) and (Bugaboos Redemption) that have been submitted to film festivals for a hopeful premiere.
- Created a short documentary, “At Both Ends of the Leash” about a program where inmates at a medium security prison find meaning through a program where they train puppies to become service dogs.
- Managing various Instagram and Facebook accounts and creating all original content for multiple organizations.
My goal in all that I do is to utilize the medium of video to help humanize us all and compel people to come from their heart. Yes, that may sound cheesy, but it’s just plain old true.
What I like to work on:
- Social media account management, consulting and content creation for small businesses
- Teaching others how to use Adobe Premiere Pro
- Creating original concepts for instructional and “explainer” videos
- Thinking of new ways to approach social media and marketing through creative video content to create social change
- Directing documentary films about humanitarian, social justice, environmental issues as well as veteran’s rights.
- Project Management and Production of larger projects
- Outdoor adventure films that encourage others to protect wild places.
- Editing of footage that others have captured and turning it into movie trailers, commercials, social media shorts, crowdfunding videos and outdoor adventure pieces.
- Social Media Content Generation, Strategy and Management
- Scriptwriting and narration.
- Profile Pieces that highlight individuals and their work, causes, art or passions in life.