Hi there. I am Charlie Morris…a self taught video editor and film maker who just recently moved to Warren, VT in 2022. I am still getting established there but am working from wherever I may be. I am always learning and fascinated about work that I can do to inform, inspire, entertain and educate others. Primarily my goal is to be involved with anything where the visual or written medium can help humanize us all and compel people to come from their heart-or to encourage people to just have a hell of a lot of fun. That translates to conservation work most of the time.
I’m a single parent of two amazing young adults. I am an avid outdoor yogi, outside boulderer, SUP paddler, aggressive rollerblader, front country & backcountry skier and snowboarder.
I prefer to work with small businesses, social movements, humanitarian causes, environmental groups. I also love being outdoors and enjoy creating or editing content for outdoor brands or events.
What I like to work on:
- Helping to direct or produce documentary films and podcasts about humanitarian, social justice, environmental issues. A good example of that is my personal passion project Salmonfolk.
- A recent project to come to fruition in 2018 was the film 400 Feet Down.
- Training others via consulting on how to craft their own films and video projects
- Thinking of new ways to approach social media and marketing through creative video content to create social change
- Project Management, Direction and Production of creative ways to help small scale, locally owned businesses keep going.
- Editing of footage that others have captured and turning it into movie trailers, commercials, social media shorts, crowdfunding videos and outdoor adventure pieces.
- Teaching others how to use Adobe Premiere Pro
- Scriptwriting and narration.
- Profile Pieces that highlight individuals and their work, causes, art or passions in life such as the piece called “Michael the Muralist“.