Hi there. I am Charlie Morris…a self taught video maker who was residing in Carrboro, NC. from 2005-2019. I just recently relocated to Lynchburg, VA in late 2019. I am always learning and fascinated about what video can do to inform, inspire, entertain and educate others. Primarily my goal is to shoot documentary style material…anything where the visual medium can help humanize us all and compel people to come from their heart.
I’m a single parent of two amazing young adults. I am an avid trail runner, outside boulderer, SUP paddler, rollerblader.
I prefer to work with small businesses, social movements, humanitarian causes, environmental groups. I also love being outdoors and enjoy creating or editing content for outdoor brands or events.
What I like to work on:
- Helping to direct or produce documentary films about humanitarian, social justice, environmental issues as well as veteran’s rights. My latest project to come to fruition was the film 400 Feet Down.
- Training others via consulting on how to craft their own films and video projects
- Photography, architectural
- Thinking of new ways to approach social media and marketing through creative video content to create social change
- Project Management, Direction and Production of creative ways to help small scale, locally owned businesses keep going.
- Editing of footage that others have captured and turning it into movie trailers, commercials, social media shorts, crowdfunding videos and outdoor adventure pieces.
- Teaching others how to use Adobe Premiere Pro
- Scriptwriting and narration.
- Profile Pieces that highlight individuals and their work, causes, art or passions in life such as the piece called “Michael the Muralist“.